31 December 2014

Auld Lang Syne


December 31st 2014

I won't hide that I'm breathing quite the sigh of relief at the thought that, as I type this, we are in the last few hours of 2014.

When it comes to reflections I think of all the curveballs that this year has thrown my way; that 18-year-old-me couldn't have anticipated. As I stood eagerly at the edge of 2014 I held confidence in my expectations that I would sail through the seasons, turn a corner in terms of my health, and feel able to return to studying and what I thought to be my norm'.

While reality did bring something all together more bumpy, it's been a year of meaningful lessons. Perhaps the one that has never ventured far from my thoughts this year, is that until we are struck by something much bigger than ourselves, and we continue to walk on through the fog, we have never truly known our heart.

At the foot of 2015, I'm happy to float through the coming months, without any expectations, and feel immensely thankful for even the tiniest of steps in the right direction. Despite all the heartaches this last chapter has brought me, as 365 blank pages unfold I am filled to the brim with hope that day by day we will all be reunited with our health, happiness and love.




And there's a hand my trust friend!
And give me a hand o'thine!
And we'll take a right good-will draught,
For days of auld lang syne

Wishing you the happiest new year,

Rachel x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...