3 November 2014

Love. "Color". Makeup. Need I say more?


So, I may be pretty late to jump on the rose gold bandwagon... but here we are, one cheeky love makeup order later. 

Zoeva have been a firm staple in my collection since discovering the brand a couple of years ago. The set of eight essential brushes cost £56, which I thought to be really affordable considering the quality in exchange for your buck. The price included a brown, faux leather makeup bag, which I must say left me drooling, and a burgundy sleeve for travelling. Aside from the dreamy aesthetics I was truly sold on the set when I read that the bristles were a mix of natural hair and synthetic taklon; meaning that they are versatile in that they work well with liquid, cream and powder products (and I will vouch for that). 

So let's get down to business: my picks. I had expected to cheat on my MAC 217 with the Soft Definer 227, after hearing the rumour that it made a pretty good dupe of the cult product, but much to my delight I actually found that the love affair I was embarking on was with the Luxe Petit Crease 231. The shape and density of the brush makes application effortless, especially for a gal who likes a subtle highlight in the inner corners of the eye.
But quite honestly, for me, nothing overshadows the 110 face shape brush; it has quickly sweeped it's way into my everyday routine and I can't envision that I will be putting it down any time soon. I find it to be the perfect shape for applying concealer to the under-eye area, but I've equally enjoyed using it to dust powder highlight onto the tops of my cheekbones. 

Sorry Sam & Nic, I'm afraid my real techniques have taken a back seat for the time being!









14 comments :

  1. Such a good post! I don't think my bank balance will be loving it so much after I've bought those brushes though hahaha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren and oops - sorry bank balance. I do hope you treat yourself though, you definitely deserve it xox

      Delete
  2. Same here! I've had my eye on these for a while :)
    Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are GORGEOUS (as are you). I wanted these for so long and they were sold out, so because I'm terribly impatient I ordered the large eye brush set, which I love, but they're not as beautiful as these rose gold ones! x

    emmadrusilla.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely Emma <3 Haha, I think I'd do something similar. Maybe a Christmas treat? x

      Delete
  4. You're so beautiful Rachel! And so are those brushes, mmm *little heart eyed emoji* They look amazing - I'm tempted to ask for these for Christmas! Lots of love xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely, you do make me blush 🙊 They're a great set to invest in - perfect for your uni meals/balls x x x All my love ❤️

      Delete
  5. I've been lusting after this set for so long, you may just have convinced me to order it! The packaging is so pretty and the face brushes in particular look gorgeous.

    Meg at Meg Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Meg. I know packaging and aesthetics really shouldn't be the reason to 'add to basket' but the rose gold does bring that touch of glam! The face brushes are lovely, and other than the one I mentioned the foundation brush gives a really nice finish <3

      Delete
  6. they're so pretty! i'm gonna have to get some soon i think

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win an £85 rose gold Fossil watch on my blog, if you fancy! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen ❤️
      I'll definitely check it out if I'm not too late!

      Delete
  7. I think I'm going to have to put these on my Christmas list! They're so pretty...(s are you - lovely photo!)
    Faye
    freckles&all

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you beautiful Faye, sending lots of love your way!
    P.S I hope Santa takes note x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...